We want to thank you all!
As the Thanksgiving weekend winds down, we want to reach out to our supporters and volunteers and thank them. This was our first full fiscal year, and we have achieved a lot thanks to your help! We hope that you remember us on #GivingTuesday and help us even more: GoFundMe Campaign. Your donations helped us provide test preparation resources for over 9,000 students in the past five months alone!
We need your support from 12/10-12/15! We are hosting a Book Fair in conjunction with Barnes and Noble and need you all to help us! Click this link to get to the flyer with more information about the event. Most purchases made online and in-person at any Barnes and Noble will go towards our fundraiser. We will send out reminder emails the week of the Book Fair.
During this holiday season, we hope you will use the following link: Amazon.com, for your shopping! For every purchase made through this, we receive 10% of what you spend! Itâ€™s an easy way to help us pursue our mission!
Launch of Our New Portal
We launched our new version of the Academic Portal this month and have received sign ups from all over the country and world. We now have a student in almost every state and in 5 other countries! We hope to have a student in every state by the end of 2013. Students have used our portal to ask homework questions and view videos. Final data on usage will be published at the end of December in our Annual Report.
Most â€œLikedâ€ Daily Quote From November
Visit our Facebook page to see more! Teach to Learn Foundation
Our portal now has courses in each section of the SAT. We are working on developing more lessons and crafting our own practice questions for students to use. Our volunteers are also hard at work to publish a book on SAT Vocabulary that will be freely available!
Our Regents courses are being expanded in preparation for the January Regents Exams. We will have question banks for some of the courses and video lessons for a lot more.
We have two new features on our website:
1. Homework Helper: Students can submit questions to us to have one of our volunteers help you! Here: Sign Up Page
2. Essay Help: Submit an essay to our volunteers for proofreading and insight. Here: Sign Up Page
Email us with suggestions/questions: [email protected]each-2-learn.org.
How to Help
Our volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
1. Instructor: We are hoping to provide various courses by the end of the 2013-2014 school year through our portal, and are recruiting instructors to help us create them. We will help with all technical aspects of it and can customize features to the needs of your curriculum.
2. Read: We are always looking for more readers to go out to preschools and libraries to read to them and give out books. Spend the afternoon reading Green Eggs and Ham or Goodnight Moon!
3. Lead: We have a few positions open at the state and national level, If you have the time and determination, apply right away.
4. Donate: As any non-profit organization is, we are in need of funds. Even if you can only donate a small amount, it can go a long way in supporting our programs.
5. Spread the word: Forward this email, like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter. This will keep you connected and hopefully get others involved as well.
You can now make a socially responsible investment and help Teach to Learn!
Investors in Point Globalâ€™s Socially Responsible Investments have the ability to designate the recipient of a yearly charitable gift. With 50% of company profits being donated to charity, Point Global is able to empower people to take actions that will improve their community, building a Global Grass Roots network of people who share a sense of responsibility to society.
Support the Teach to Learn Foundation by investing at www.Point-Global.com
Teach to Learn-NJ is selling handmade jewelry at a fair to help raise money for their local projects. They will use the proceeds to send school supplies to Nigeria. Theyâ€™ll be posting pictures soon!
T2L-NJ is making use of a professional recording studio at a local high school to create videos for our education portal. We look forward to sharing them with our students!
We have been running our SAT classes at Walter Panas and Lakeland High School in Upper Westchester, NY. We have taught over 100 hours of lessons (based on number of students and instructors). They will continue to run once a week at both Walter Panas High School and Lakeland High School. (Contact the president of T2L-NY at [email protected] if you want to register!) We will be providing practice exams and help students tackle tough concepts by working with students who received a score in the top 95th percentile! The same courses are also available online for everyone! For more information about both visit this